Sunday 20 December 2015

Weekly Indie News - 20th December 2015

Aviation Cocktail


"For three WWII veterans, war was nothing compared to the personal battles they would face back home."

If you haven't watched Aviation Cocktail yet then you're missing on heck of a treat. This 1950s period drama set in rural Nebraska is one of my favourite indie films of the last 5 years.

I don't think I've come across a movie that depicts the image of 1950s america so perfectly while at the same time creating a mass of suspense and drama that leaves you clinging onto the edge of your seat. This was a real joy to watch.

Twitter - @AviationCocktal

Website - http://theaviationcocktail.com/film/

Tundra


Embedded image permalink
"After the tragic loss of his wife, Steven Todd won't stop until he fulfils the final wishes of his late wife, even if it means battling frostbite and hypothermia. Is Steven's love and loyalty stronger than the elements he has to fight against in the tundra."

Even though this is my own project I thought I'd give it a shout out, I'm proud of the screenplay I wrote for this and I can't wait to tackle the production of it at the start of 2016 in the rural mountains of Scotland.

Link to Original Post - criticalcinemareviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/my-next-project-indie-film-tundra.html

Follow - @critical_cinema on twitter for updates on the project.

Olympia In Obscura


Paranormal Crime Noir - Colin Banks is a private detective hired by transgender Sarah Lee Hicks to find her missing nephew in the midst of a desperate search for Olympia WA's first serial killer.

I don't follow too many web series but Olympia In Obscura is going to be a series that I'm going to thoroughly enjoy following, and the most impressive thing is the $0 budget, because the outcome is outstanding.

Fighting The Sky


A science fiction movie about a group of young ufologists who explore a series of apocalyptic sounds emerging from the sky.

Facebook - Facebook.com/FightingTheSky

Twitter - @FightingTheSky

No comments:

Post a Comment