Wednesday 2 December 2015

James Bond boss wants Daniel Craig back for next 007 film

James Bond boss Barbara Broccoli is determined to snag Daniel Craig for at least one more 007 movie.

The British actor is still undecided about signing on for a fifth Bond film, despite the success of Spectre, after initially telling one reporter he'd rather "break this glass and slash my wrists" than play the superspy again, adding, "If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money."

His remarks sent shockwaves through Hollywood as bloggers and editors alike started speculating about his successor.

Craig has since clarified his comments, explaining playing 007 was the furthest thing from his mind at that moment: "I'm quite straightforward and I say things when I feel it and then I change my mind. I'm just like everybody else. People latch onto things. There's not a lot I can do about that."

Now the fuss surrounding the release of the latest Bond blockbuster has died down, the franchise producers are considering the next film before pre-production begins in the spring (16), and Broccoli has put a Craig return on her Christmas wish list.

"Now everyone is asking, 'How will it go for 007''" she tells German show 20 Minuten. "I hope it continues with Craig. I think he's great, and obviously not just me, but also the audience. I will do everything (to make sure) that he stays."

The Bond boss is thrilled with the success of the latest movie, adding, "We have spent three years working on the film. It was exciting, but now we want to enjoy the success and the reactions of the audience. In the spring, let's start again."

No comments:

Post a Comment